Directions to Smith
Smith is located at 3500 Reservoir Drive in East Fairmount Park, just above Kelly Drive near 33rd and Oxford Streets. There is free parking on site and Smith is also easily accessible by public transportation.
From Center City Philadelphia:
- Take Kelly Drive away from Center City
- Turn right at the equestrian statue of General Grant (Fountain Green Drive)
- Take first right onto Mt. Pleasant Drive
- Turn right at stop sign onto Reservoir Drive
- Bear right into Smith’s circular drive
From 76 (Schuylkill) East or West
- Take the Girard Avenue/Zoo exit
- Cross over the Girard Avenue Bridge
- Turn left at the end of the Bridge onto 33rd Street
- Proceed to the next traffic light and make a left (33rd and Oxford)
- Drive 1/3 mile and turn left into Smith’s circular drive
Take SEPTA bus #32 to 33rd and Oxford. Walk 1/3 mile into Fairmount Park. Smith will be on your left.
Take SEPTA bus #3 to 33rd & Cecil B. Moore* walk one block south to 33rd & Oxford St. Walk 1/3 mile into Fairmount Park. Smith will be on your left. *The #3 bus route comes directly to Smith on Saturdays and Sundays during our visiting hours.
Take Philly PHLASH to Smith in October!
Beginning on Friday, October 7, and continuing every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in October, the Philly PHLASH’s Zoo/Please Touch Museum Loop will make a special stop at Smith Memorial Playground.
The Philly PHLASH Downtown Bus Loop is the quick, convenient, and affordable way to access 22 key destinations throughout Philadelphia. Its route travels in a continuous loop from the Delaware Waterfront to Fairmount Park, providing service to each stop every 15 minutes from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. The PHLASH is only $2 per ride or $5 per day. Tickets are available onboard with exact change, at any Visitor Center location, or online. Children under 4, senior citizens, SEPTA pass holders, and Philly STAMP holders always ride free! All PHLASH vehicles are temperature controlled and wheelchair accessible.